Having moved from a small, one-stop light town to Raleigh for college (Go Pack!) was really the beginning of shaping my perspective as a photographer. While in school for horticulture and agriculture education, I was hired at a prominent florist which gave me an inside view and my first real taste of the wedding industry. I fell in love! So many beautiful flowers...and even more beautiful couples. I became enamored with their stories, their vision to celebrate their day and capturing their memories through my lens. It was during this time that I wanted to pursue photography professionally.
After graduating NC State University and continuing to work at the florist I decided to take my highly fulfilling hobby and make it my career. Finding myself back in the classroom, I put in long hours of hard work in the darkroom, sought guidance from prestigious mentors, and can now call myself a published photographer. I cater to all things wedding, studio, and portrait and sincerely cannot wait to meet, collaborate, and go on this adventure with you!
What i've Achieved What I'm really into
- Being a destination wedding photographer has been so good to me, I am honored and thrilled to be a published international photographer in both Ireland and United Kingdom.
- Being based in North Carolina has given me such a great landscape for publications in the States. Poptastic Bride, Glamour and Grace, and Southern Bride and Groom are just a few of my favorites.
- I love learning, creating relationships, and collaborating with other photographers, that's why I am a member of PPA (Professional Photographers of America) and NC Wedding Photographers.
- Film; I love that stuff!
- Ezra; she is my adorable little manx cat. Fun fact: I use to consider myself a dog person until I met her.
- Plays and shows; I am a sucker for the arts. It's just in my blood.
- Plant identification; the nerd in me always comes out.
- Traveling. I have never felt something more rewarding than going on an adventure in a new place.
- Books. I have lived many lives through the amazing books that found their way into my hands.